Our SSDI Attorneys Can Help You
Social Security Disability Insurance, or SSDI, is one of the disability benefits available throughout the Social Security Administration (SSA). SSDI is available to individuals who meet the disability requirements of the SSA and have earned enough work credits to be “insured” for SSDI benefits. SSDI may also be available for disabled widows and widowers, depending on their age at the time of their spouse’s death, and to adult disabled children on the social security account of their parent. The amount of SSDI benefits varies depending on the person’s work history and credits earned.
Like most claims for Social Security Disability benefits, claims for SSDI benefits are often initially denied by the SSA. The Social Security attorneys at Taradash Johnson Janezic focus on helping injured and disabled individuals obtain maximum compensation and benefits, and over the years we have helped hundreds of families recover maximum SSDI benefits.
Helping Clients Throughout Illinois Obtain SSDI Benefits
If you would like more information about SSDI benefits, contact our office at 815-669-4635 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our disability lawyers. From our law office in McHenry, we represent SSDI clients throughout Illinois.
Requirements Of SSDI
Unlike Supplemental Security Income benefits, there are no limitations on a person’s income or resources in order to qualify for SSDI benefits. Rather, a person must meet the following requirements:
- Have a physical or mental medical condition that prevents him or her from engaging in “substantial gainful activity” and is expected to last at least 12 months or result in death
- Be under the age of 65
- Have earned enough “work credits” through prior employment
How Can Taradash Johnson Janezic Help
Our Social Security Disability attorneys will guide you through the disability claim process from start to finish, including:
- Providing a thorough explanation of applicable SSDI benefits and other Social Security Disability benefits
- Helping you prepare your SSDI claim
- Reviewing your SSDI claim for accuracy and completeness
- Reviewing your supporting documentation to determine whether additional documentation is needed
- Monitoring the progress of your SSDI claim, communicating with the SSA throughout the process, and keeping you informed of your claim status
- Preparing you for your SSDI benefits hearing
- Advocating on your behalf at the SSDI benefits hearing
- Assisting you with an SSDI benefits appeal, if necessary
The process of obtaining SSDI benefits or SSI benefits can be confusing and overwhelming. Not only does the claim require significant documentation and information, but many claims are initially denied and require the claimant to go through a lengthy appeals process. The Social Security Disability attorneys at Taradash Johnson Janezic have the knowledge, skill, experience, and commitment that you need when seeking SSDI benefits. Our Social Security attorneys provide clients with meaningful legal advocacy, and our case managers provide our clients with constant communication, feedback and personal attention. Accordingly, our clients have a hand to hold throughout the entire process.
If you would like more information about SSDI or other disability benefits, look no further than the SSDI lawyers at Taradash Johnson Janezic. Contact our office at 815-669-4635 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our Social Security Disability attorneys today.