Results By Taradash Johnson Janezic
Below is a sampling our personal injury and workers’ compensation results. This is not a prediction of what you might receive should you hire us. Results depend on several factors. Did you know that in 2002, the Insurance Research Council indicates that an Illinois Bodily Injury settlement average was $7,850? Often times it isn’t about the compensation, it is about getting justice for the wrongdoing you suffered.
Please contact us for a free consultation to learn if we can help you with your legal matter.
Personal Injury Results:
- Death of a motorcycle passenger and severe injuries to the motorcycle driver. Judgment: $5,490,000.
- Motorcyclist sustained catastrophic injuries following the crash. Settlement: $1,000,000.
- Professional truck driver involved in a vehicle collision, following cervical fusion surgery was unable to return to the prior occupation. Settlement: $980,000.
- Semi-truck ran off the road, where the driver sustained a back injury. Judgment: $1,000,000.
- 12-year-old girl involved in a vehicle collision, 104 stitches in the face with permanent scarring. Settlement: $500,000.
- Car accident left the victim in need of knee surgery. Judgment: $240,000.
- Car crash accident required shoulder and neck surgery. Settlement: $400,000
- Forty-six-year-old nurse involved in a vehicle accident underwent lumbar fusion surgery. Settlement: $360,000.
- Elderly woman fell from a display chair in the department store, sustained a knee injury and required surgery. The chair was improperly assembled, possibly defective. Settlement: $140,000.
- Car accident victims suffered traumatic brain injuries. Judgment: $250,000.
- Twenty-year-old woman, involved in an automobile accident sustained a traumatic brain injury. Settlement: $140,000.
- Slip and fall on ice in the grocery parking lot, ankle surgery with hardware. Settlement: $65,000.
- Car accident victims required elbow surgery following an accident. Judgment: $100,000.
- Car accident victim suffered a broken pelvis. Judgment: $250,000.
- Motorcyclist suffered a serious shoulder injury which requires surgery after a crash. Judgment: $120,000.
- After a catastrophic car crash, our attorneys helped an MVA victim secure a $500,000 settlement.
- A child suffered severe burns over 30% of their body. Settlement: $550,000.
- We helped a client win a $212,500 judgment from an assisted living service for acting negligently.
- A car crash victim required ankle surgery following the accident. Judgment: $175,000.
- A pedestrian was hit by a car and suffered severe, catastrophic injuries. Judgment: $500,000.
Workers’ Compensation Results:
- Truck driver whose cab bounced up and down and from side to side over every bump for three months developed lumbar herniated disks. After a successful trial before an Arbitrator, appeal to the Commission and the McHenry County Circuit Court, settled for $200,000.
- Non-union electrician fell nine feet when the extension ladder collapsed. Sustained fracture to left ankle, required ankle fusion surgery. Unable to return to work. Workers’ compensation insurance carrier paid $175,000 as a settlement of worker’s future lost wages.
- Department store employee engaged in repetitive work activities, including use of a pricing gun. Diagnosed with bilateral carpal tunnel syndrome, underwent surgery on the dominant hand. Claim denied at arbitration, overturned on Commission Review. Commission awarded 15% loss of use for nonoperated handed, 30% loss of use for operated hand, one of the highest permanency awards for carpal tunnel syndrome. Decision and award upheld by Circuit Court and Illinois Appellate Court on review.
- Seventy-six-year-old waitress fell in employer’s kitchen, breaking her shoulder and injuring the right eye. Settlement included payment of all future related medical expenses and $40,000, representing lost wages for the remainder of life expectancy.
- Maintenance Technician sustained a work injury and needed multiple shoulder surgeries. Settled for $328,000.
- Non-union laborer required knee surgery after sustaining a work injury. Settled for $117,000.
- Union carpenter suffered a back injury on the job. Total settlement for $250,000.
- A worker required carpal tunnel surgery and settled a case for $120,000
- A Union glass worker suffered a shoulder injury on the job that required surgery. Our attorneys won a settlement for $300,000.
- HVAC Technician required Knee surgery following a work-related accident. Settled for $190,000.
- Union worker was injured on the job acting as a Waste Water Operator. Settled for $275,000.
- Union carpenter required wrist surgery due to work-related injuries. Claim was settled for $200,000.
- UPS Driver suffered shoulder injuries and required surgery. Claim was settled for $252,000.
- UPS Driver suffered a back injury and required back surgery. Settled for $236,000.
- Body shop manager required back surgery from repetitive stress injuries. Settled for $216,000.
- Nonunion carpenter injured his foot while on the job. The injury required surgery. Settled for $115,000.
- Union Plumber required surgery after sustaining an injury to his back. Settled for $300,000.
- Union maintenance contractor required back surgery after a work injury. Settled for $500,000.
- Union carpenter got shoulder surgery and a $235,000 settlement following a work injury.
- Union carpenter required surgery after sustaining a shoulder injury at work. Settled for $315,000.
- Door installation contractor suffered a back injury on the job. Settled for $138,000.
- Union pipefitter was injured on the job. $250,000 settlement.
- A mechanic suffered a shoulder injury while on the job. We settled their workers’ comp claim for a total of $225,000.
For a free consultation with an injury attorney at the Taradash Johnson Janezic, call 815-669-4635, or contact us online.
Nuestros abogados hablan español – Our Lawyers Speak Spanish.