Helping The Victims Of Motorcycle Accidents Obtain Maximum Compensation
Because motorcycles lack the protective covering that other vehicles provide, motorcycle accident injuries are often very serious and even fatal. In fact, although motorcycle accident statistics indicate that they account for only 1.5% of total crashes in Illinois, motorcycle accidents account for 16.7% of fatal accidents and 5% of injuries.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, you need a lawyer who understands the complicated legal and factual issues involved, and who is dedicated to getting you maximum financial recovery. The McHenry motorcycle accident lawyers at Taradash Johnson Janezic focus on representing the victims of motorcycle accidents, car accidents, and other motor vehicle accidents. We take a collaborative approach to legal representation, drawing on the experience of our team of dedicated lawyers, case managers, and support staff, to bring our clients an unsurpassed level of skill and knowledge.
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, do not delay. Contact Taradash Johnson Janezic at 815-669-4635 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our McHenry motorcycle accident lawyers. As with all of our personal injury cases, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means that you don’t pay unless you win.
Common Causes Of Motorcycle Accidents
Like all motor vehicle accidents, motorcycle accidents can be caused by any number of factors. While some accidents are caused by motorcyclists, most are due to the negligent, or even reckless, actions of other motorists. Because motorcycles are smaller than most vehicles, motorists often fail to see them or do not take the appropriate care when sharing the road with motorcycles.
Some of the common causes of motorcycle accidents include:
- Driver inattention
- Speeding or drunk drivers
- Improper turns or lane changes
- Poor road conditions or missing warnings
- Defective equipment
- Lane splitting
Motorcycle Safety Tips
The motorcycle accident lawyers at Taradash Johnson Janezic are committed to helping the victims of motorcycle accidents throughout Illinois obtain maximum financial recovery, and we are also dedicated to promoting motorcycle safety so that accidents can be prevented in the first place. The following are some motorcycle safety tips to keep in mind:
- Always wear a helmet. One in five motorcycle accidents results in head or neck injuries, but a properly fitted helmet can go a long way in preventing these injuries. According to motorcycle accident statistics from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention(CDC), a motorcyclist not wearing a helmet is 40% more likely to die from a head injury than a motorcyclist who was wearing a helmet.
- Always avoid operating a car or motorcycle if you have been drinking. According to the Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT), the percentage of drunk motorcycle riders (motorcycle operators with a BAC of 0.08 or higher) involved in a fatal motorcycle accident during the late afternoon and early evening hours are more than double that of drunk drivers of any other type of passenger vehicle.
- Avoid tailgating and lane splitting. Tailgating is when a vehicle follows too closely to the vehicle in front of it, and lane splitting is when a motorcyclist moves between lanes of vehicles that are moving in the same direction. Both practices are especially dangerous when it comes to motorcycles.
- Obey the rules of the road. Motorists and motorcyclists are reminded to obey posted speed limits, avoid tailgating, and use extra caution when approaching road hazards.
- Wear protective clothing. Illinois law requires motorcyclists to wear protective eye gear (unless the motorcycle is equipped with a windscreen.
Contact A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, contact Taradash Johnson Janezic at 815-669-4635 or reach out online to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our McHenry motorcycle accident lawyers.